View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:39 AM   #8
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

thanks for the feedback.

stumbleine is the first song on side f.
mcis is the first song on side a.
wbftt is the first song on side e.

i have a sony turntable. nothing special. looks something like this. it doesn't have an usb output.

Quote:
It's interesting as to whether or not they sourced the bootleg from the original MCIS vinyl...because it'd be hard to tell if any clicks/pops/static/distortion are actually on the surface of your bootleg record, or were transfered from the setup they used to make the bootleg vinyl.
i have two copies of the bootleg. both are new, so there should be very little to no wear at all. would it be interesting to make a transfer of both? e.g. the noise before mcis, if that appears in an identical form on both, would that mean something?

if all samples sound too fast, then my turntable can probably be blamed. (that's the advantage of having both the samples of the official and the bootleg release: if something is wrong in both samples, it can probably blamed on the setup.)

the importance of comparing: when this bootleg surfaced, people wondered where it came from and how it sounded. in the beginning it wasn't even clear if this was a bootleg. some people suggested it might be cd sourced. et cetera. by comparing the samples, we can find the answers to these questions.
sure, most people won't find this important at all.
but i've heard people say that they don't mind buying this bootleg, as it's a cheap way to have mcis on "teh almighty vinyl". maybe they'll change their mind if they realize that the bootleg's sound is clearly inferior. (next to the artwork not looking very fresh either. although it's a nice attempt.)
basically, the only reason i bought these bootlegs is information, for me, and for everyone else who is interested. i know this might prevent me from ever selling it again for the price i got it for, but oh well.