View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 11:31 PM   #28
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Is it really that annoying? I think it's cool and don't find it gimmicky at all, nor have I ever found myself scrutinising how it serves a moment in a song. If I had to though, I guess it kind of mimics the guitar feedback sounds which the band utilises all the time. It's just a different way of making those sounds and a personal touch.

The I Am One rant, on the other hand is definitely gimmicky and I have no trouble scrutinising how it serves the song.
It's not so prominent in the video I posted, but there's one that sticks in my head, might be on the Dark Globe performance / CD, where it feels like it's front and center in the mix and it dominates everything. All I hear is my 2nd grade teacher's bleepy bloopy noise boxes he'd give to kids who did well on tests. I don't hate the practice, just don't care for the placement there particularly.

I actually found the I Am One rant awesome as hell the first time I heard it, Earphoria of course. When you're a kid it's all cool and rebellious. Fun when you go back and start to hear the beginnings of the Zero stuff in there.