Thread: TRUMP
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #3863
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
but you REALLY feel you can modify basic biology and the rules of a language just because not doing so would threaten your subjective sense of who you are?
as far as modifying basic biology. obviously we are doing that with hormone treatment. and yes i think the goodness of helping people feel comfortable with the subjective feeling of who they are is a worthwhile cause. that is in fact the entire point! if everyone felt comfortable with the subjective feeling of who they are the world would be a much nicer place. people have all kinds of reasons why they don't feel that way. we have a way to fix it for some people.

don't people deserve this? i don't care about your robotic high horse position of "buuuuttttt biology it's not naturalllll" appeal to nature is a fallacy, everything is natural

the "rules of language" mean nothing. we constantly change and otherwise flaunt the rules of language all the time. only permanent/universal thing about language is grammar, e.g. basic sentence components and types of words (noun/verb/adjective etc). there are not rules besides that