Thread: FUCK.THIS.SHIT.
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 02:24 AM   #5
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbadthing
A dramatic thing, the first time you stand up to your dad.
Lenny Kravitz

A lot of my songs deal with spirituality and God, and I guess if you're in tune with that, you'll read into it.
Lenny Kravitz

A lot of people don't listen to the lyrics, really.
Lenny Kravitz

A lot of people pretty much only listen to the chorus.
Lenny Kravitz

Change is growth. For me it has been a very spiritual and musical rebirth.
Lenny Kravitz

Confusion makes people uncomfortable. They can't put their finger on me.
Lenny Kravitz

Eventually you're going to have a digital transfer anyway when you make a CD, so it doesn't matter as long as what you're hitting first is what you want it to be.
Lenny Kravitz

Every night is different, you never know what it's going to be like. I remember every night. I don't like to compare them.
Lenny Kravitz

Fly Away changed my life. There are certain songs that do. When I won the Grammy, I was in Paris. I sort of forgot about it.
Lenny Kravitz

For the last few years, it's been so chic for everybody to be miserable. Like if you're in with the cool crowd, you can't be happy.
Lenny Kravitz

God forbid you sing about love. It's a lost concept.
Lenny Kravitz

God gave me the gift to be able to play instruments and I have to play.
Lenny Kravitz

God is always in my life, and that's the most important thing to me.
Lenny Kravitz

God said, Here. Have it. Enjoy it. I'm gonna be miserable?
Lenny Kravitz

I am not trying to change the world. I am just offering my gift that God gave me, and if somebody is moved by it, that's beautiful.
Lenny Kravitz

I am still into the people I listened to growing up, so I completely remember what is like to be a fan, I haven't changed.
Lenny Kravitz

I am trying to get closer to God.
Lenny Kravitz

I couldn't tell you what I am going to do next 'cause I have no idea, but I am open to anything.
Lenny Kravitz

I don't like to approach people that much. There's been times when I wanted to say something to somebody, in a quick moment, but didn't. Then you think, man, who knows?
Lenny Kravitz

I don't play the tuba.
Lenny Kravitz

I don't think about the styles. I write whatever comes out and I use whatever kind of instrumentation works for those songs.
Lenny Kravitz

I feel like I'm only in the beginning of my career. I've only made five albums. It's not a lot.
Lenny Kravitz

I get a lot of joy from playing instruments, and I have a different personality on each instrument. I like to let that come out. I get kind of selfish.
Lenny Kravitz

I get hired as a writer or producer and I do the best I can to bring out that artist. If somebody calls you to do something, you go right for that vision and you're aware of that person's vibe. You're trying to get inside of them.
Lenny Kravitz

I have a great time with my band and on the stage we get along well.
Lenny Kravitz

I identify with women more than men. I guess I have a strong feminine side.
Lenny Kravitz

I just need to know that I did the very best I could and that I was true to myself.
Lenny Kravitz

I knew Slash in high school, but not very well. Just knew him as this kid that used to hang out in the hallway. Pretty much looked then the way he does now.
Lenny Kravitz

I knew what I wanted to do from the time I was 5.
Lenny Kravitz

I made the record that my life had me make. Each one is like a diary.
Lenny Kravitz

I mean, there are only so many notes. What makes something original is how you put it together.
Lenny Kravitz

I never sit down to write. When I'm moved, I do it. I just wait for it to come. You just hear it. I can't really describe writing. It's in my head.
Lenny Kravitz

I think it'd be a real nightmare to put a record out and sell 20 million copies and then that's it.
Lenny Kravitz

I was taught by my grandfather that anything that your mind can conceive, you can have. It's a reality.
Lenny Kravitz

I wasn't the kind of person that liked waiting for autographs or following them, I just liked to go to the shows, study their records, driving many, many hours to different states to go to concerts.
Lenny Kravitz

I wouldn't play together with someone who likes to control everything like me.
Lenny Kravitz

I'm always sort of reflecting on what I do on what I've done. Usually before I make a new album, I'll listen to the previous albums just to see where I've been.
Lenny Kravitz

I'm half Jewish, I'm half black, I look in-between. I dress funny. I play all these different styles of music on one record. It's like, What is he doing?
Lenny Kravitz

I'm in this for the long haul. I've been making music my whole life.
Lenny Kravitz

I'm more hungry now than I was 11 years ago. Which is great because I see a lot of artists that have been out for a long period of time. They get kind of fat.
Lenny Kravitz

I'm really happy about American Woman, it brought the Guess Who back. They started gigging again and got their song out on commercials.
Lenny Kravitz

I've always been into films. I've been offered lots of films but they've always been these very stereotypical roles. They wanted me to play some gangster or street guy, or pimp, drug addict.
Lenny Kravitz

I've been compared to hundreds of artists, which just goes to show you that I'm not any one thing at all.
Lenny Kravitz

I've had to work very hard, and I don't really have a category or fit into any niche, so each time I come out with a new record, it's like, I'm a new guy.
Lenny Kravitz

I've woken up from dreams and the whole song is there. I'm listening to it in my dreams. I consciously have to wake myself up and get a tape recorder because I hear it like a record.
Lenny Kravitz

If I had to associate myself with one song, it would probably be Let Love Rule. It's so simple and to the point. It speaks for itself.
Lenny Kravitz

If I were white, I'd get less criticism.
Lenny Kravitz

If you ask a hundred people, they all give you different answers.
Lenny Kravitz

If you heard my records and no one told you, I don't think you'd know whether it's a band or one guy.
Lenny Kravitz

If you listen to a lot of old funk records, the drums are really small. But you don't perceive it like that because the groove is so heavy.
Lenny Kravitz

It was amazing to me that, all of a sudden, I was hearing my music on the radio and coming out of cars.
Lenny Kravitz

It's a trip to have a Greatest Hits record. It's a trip.
Lenny Kravitz

It's about the music. We've learned from those that came before us.
Lenny Kravitz

It's just using classic pieces of gear that sound great, straight. That's what gets that sound. It is what it is.
Lenny Kravitz

It's like a dream to come to Spain and stay for a couple of years and get somebody to teach me Spanish music.
Lenny Kravitz

It's very important to vote. People died for this right.
Lenny Kravitz

Mothers love you to the end, and she didn't want to hold me back from my livelihood. So I left for a month and called her every couple of days. I came home and she died 24 hours later.
Lenny Kravitz

Music is my life, it is a reflection of what I go through.
Lenny Kravitz

My career has been a gradual climb. I think that's part of the reason why I've had longevity.
Lenny Kravitz

My dream is to become a farmer. Just a Bohemian guy pulling up his own sweet potatoes for dinner.
Lenny Kravitz

My first guitar, a Fender Jazz Master, I traded it in for a Les Paul Deluxe.
Lenny Kravitz

My mother gave lots of good advice and had a lot to say. As you get older, you realize everything she said was true.
Lenny Kravitz

My mother passed at the end of the Circus tour. After that I really needed to take some time and just chill out and get my head together.
Lenny Kravitz

Nine out of ten groups that came out in '89 are gone. I'm still here.
Lenny Kravitz

Oasis are not just influenced by the Beatles; they actually take stuff. Then they get praised.
Lenny Kravitz

People feel they have to live that stereotypical lifestyle in order to be a rock star. You don't have to shoot heroin and act a certain way to be a rock and roll musician.
Lenny Kravitz

People see my photos and think I labor over my image and I'm this cool, brooding artist. But I'm just having fun with it.
Lenny Kravitz

That's a big gift when people say to you that a song helped them or brought them to some place in their life where they needed to be.
Lenny Kravitz

The image is an image.
Lenny Kravitz

The image that the public gets is whatever they perceive it to be. Everybody has an opinion, everybody has their own vision, so I don't know what my public image is. I have no idea.
Lenny Kravitz

The loyalty rate isn't that high. I could have a big hit, then put out the next single, and they say, Oh yeah, who are you? Prove it again.
Lenny Kravitz

The story that I wanna tell is pretty much about the way I grew up. Being bi-racial, growing up in a big city and being an artist.
Lenny Kravitz

There are so many people that don't believe in themselves and don't have faith.
Lenny Kravitz

There's definitely an old school element to my music, but I also think it's modern.
Lenny Kravitz

They think I'm being serious when actually I'm a very big clown. But you have to know me to see that. I'm constantly cracking up and cracking everybody else around me up.
Lenny Kravitz

Today, people are more into the glitz and the glamour of everything. We don't even read the inside of records anymore.
Lenny Kravitz

We weren't put here to be miserable. We were put here to do the best we can, and we should take our energy and improve our state of being.
Lenny Kravitz

We're getting so pulled in by computers and technology, and our kids have their face in the computers all day. The human relationship is being diminished by this.
Lenny Kravitz

We're going to get to a really sick point of designing fake people.
Lenny Kravitz

When I was a kid and I bought a record, I ripped that thing open, I wanted to know who was playing what, what studio it was cut at, who was the string arranger, who was the engineer.
Lenny Kravitz

When you see a close person you know pass in front of your eyes, it's hard core. After all that, I just wanted to enjoy every day. That was my goal. And to give thanks and to live fully.
Lenny Kravitz

You can be around 100 people and be completely alone. People don't realize what it's really like.
Lenny Kravitz

You're never promised your next breath.
Lenny Kravitz

You've got your entourage and people that help you make whatever happen around you. Everything's crazy and you're not paying attention to your inner feelings because you're so busy. I couldn't take it.
Lenny Kravitz
A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
Elvis Presley

Adversity is sometimes hard upon a man; but for one man who can stand prosperity, there are a hundred that will stand adversity.
Elvis Presley

After a hard day of basic training, you could eat a rattlesnake.
Elvis Presley

Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.
Elvis Presley

Anita's just a friend. If I take anyone out a couple of times, the newspapers make a big deal out of it.
Elvis Presley

Colonel Parker will have to answer. Eventually, I'll tour Europe.
Elvis Presley

Don't you worry about the Colonel. I'll take care of it.
Elvis Presley

Every time I think that I'm getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens.
Elvis Presley

From the time I was a kid, I always knew something was going to happen to me. Didn't know exactly what.
Elvis Presley

I did the Ed Sullivan show four times. I did the Steve Allen show. I did the Jackie Gleason show.
Elvis Presley

I didn't know that there were any radio stations in Nova Scotia.
Elvis Presley

I don't do any vulgar movements.
Elvis Presley

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.
Elvis Presley

I don't think I'm bad for people. If I did think I was bad for people, I would go back to driving a truck, and I really mean this.
Elvis Presley

I don't want to read about some of these actresses who are around today. They sound like my niece in Scarsdale. I love my niece in Scarsdale, but I won't buy tickets to see her act.
Elvis Presley

I guess it's just something God gave me. And I'm grateful.
Elvis Presley

I happened to come along in the music business when there was no trend.
Elvis Presley

I have no use for bodyguards, but I have very specific use for two highly trained certified public accountants.
Elvis Presley

I hope I didn't bore you too much with my life story.
Elvis Presley

I knew by heart all the dialogue of James Dean's films; I could watch Rebel Without a Cause a hundred times over.
Elvis Presley

I learned how important it is to entertain people and give them a reason to come and watch you play.
Elvis Presley

I like entertaining people. I really miss it.
Elvis Presley

I like to sing ballads the way Eddie Fisher does and the way Perry Como does. But the way I'm singing now is what makes the money.
Elvis Presley

I miss my singing career very much.
Elvis Presley

I never expected to be anybody important.
Elvis Presley

I sure lost my musical direction in Hollywood. My songs were the same conveyer belt mass production, just like most of my movies were.
Elvis Presley

I think I have something tonight that's not quite correct for evening wear. Blue suede shoes.
Elvis Presley

I want to make amends. I really missed working live, in front of an audience, that's why I'm here.
Elvis Presley

I want to tell you that it's been swell talking to you, and you make a lot of sense.
Elvis Presley

I was an only child, and Mother was always right with me all my life. I used to get very angry at her when I was growing up-it's a natural thing.
Elvis Presley

I was an overnight sensation.
Elvis Presley

I was training to be an electrician. I suppose I got wired the wrong way round somewhere along the line.
Elvis Presley

I'd just like to be treated like a regular customer.
Elvis Presley

I'll never feel comfortable taking a strong drink, and I'll never feel easy smoking a cigarette. I just don't think those things are right for me.
Elvis Presley

I'll never make it, it will never happen, because they're never going to hear me 'cause they're screaming all the time.
Elvis Presley

I'll stay in Memphis.
Elvis Presley

I'm looking forward to Germany, to seeing the country and meeting a lot of the people.
Elvis Presley

I'm no hillbilly singer.
Elvis Presley

I'm not going to quit. And I'm not going to take lessons because to be me.
Elvis Presley

I'm not trying to be sexy. It's just my way of expressing myself when I move around.
Elvis Presley

I'm so nervous. I've always been nervous, ever since I was a kid.
Elvis Presley

I'm strictly for Stevenson. I don't dig the intellectual bit, but I'm telling you, man, he knows the most.
Elvis Presley

I'm trying to keep a level head. You have to be careful out in the world. It's so easy to get turned.
Elvis Presley

I've been getting some bad publicity - but you got to expect that.
Elvis Presley

I've never written a song in my life. It's all a big hoax.
Elvis Presley

I've tried to lead a straight, clean life, not set any kind of a bad example.
Elvis Presley

It's human nature to gripe, but I'm going ahead and doing the best I can.
Elvis Presley

Just because I managed to do a little something, I don't want anyone back home to think I got the big head.
Elvis Presley

Later on they send me to Hollywood. To make movies. It was all new to me. I was only 21 years old.
Elvis Presley

Man, I really like Vegas.
Elvis Presley

Man, that record came out and was real big in Memphis. They started playing it, and it got real big. Don't know why-the lyrics had no meaning.
Elvis Presley

More than anything else, I want the folks back at home to think right of me.
Elvis Presley

My movements, ma'am, are all leg movements. I don't do nothing with my body.
Elvis Presley

Now I'm back and on the right road.
Elvis Presley

People ask me where I got my singing style. I didn't copy my style from anybody.
Elvis Presley

Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Elvis Presley

Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it.'
Elvis Presley

Saturday night is our biggest night, and almost every Sunday we have a matinee or we're on the road.
Elvis Presley

Since the beginning, it was just the same. The only difference, the crowds are bigger now.
Elvis Presley

Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just shorta do'em all together, I guess.
Elvis Presley

That's why I hate to get started in these jam sessions. I'm always the last one to leave.
Elvis Presley

The army teaches boys to think like men.
Elvis Presley

The closest I ever came to getting married was just before I started singing. In fact, my first record saved my neck.
Elvis Presley

The colored folks been singing it and playing it just like I'm doin' now, man, for more years than I know. I got it from them.
Elvis Presley

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.
Elvis Presley

The Lord can give, and the Lord can take away. I might be herding sheep next year.
Elvis Presley

The next thing I knew, I was out of the service and making movies again. My first picture was called, GI Blues. I thought I was still in the army.
Elvis Presley

There are too many people that depend on me. I'm too obligated. I'm in too far to get out.
Elvis Presley

They had me singing to a dog and filmed me from here up.
Elvis Presley

They put me on television. And the whole thing broke loose. It was wild, I tell ya for sure.
Elvis Presley

They put the record out and it got pretty big in the South. But I still had my job, driving a truck daytimes and working nightclubs at night.
Elvis Presley

Those movies sure got me into a rut.
Elvis Presley

Those people in New York are not gonna change me none.
Elvis Presley

Too much TV hurts movies.
Elvis Presley

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.
Elvis Presley

Until we meet again, may God bless you as he has blessed me.
Elvis Presley

We're the perfect combination. Colonel's an old carny, and me, I'm off the wall.
Elvis Presley

Whatever I will become will be what God has chosen for me.
Elvis Presley

When I get married, it'll be no secret.
Elvis Presley

When I got outta High School I was driving a truck. I was just a poor boy from Memphis, Memphis.
Elvis Presley

When I was a boy, I always saw myself as a hero in comic books and in movies. I grew up believing this dream.
Elvis Presley

When I'm out there, I do what they want to hear. When I'm back here, I can do what I want to do.
Elvis Presley

You went to the papers and tried to make me look bad. If you had come to me, we would have worked things out.
Elvis Presley