Thread: Trots
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #87
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
BoOmErS
Yeah, Trots took issue with me using boomer as a pejorative too but I know for a fact he, and Netphoria as a whole, used it for decades and up until recently. But then I remember that Netphorians are stuck in 1998 and anything that hits the mainstream suuucks. Boomers themselves used to use it as a brag but now it's like ageism or something? I can't keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Eh, he was also pretty inconsistent in his beliefs and positions. The same guy complaining about "wokeism" and "virtue signalling" was the first person to jump down somebody's throat when they said something that could be construed as contrary to progressive values. Maybe people also got a kick out of seeing him go after folks they themselves didn't like. You know, we feel like he's an asshole when he's not on our side, but we're like, "go get 'em!" when he is. He could also be genuinely funny, which endeared people to him, despite the vitriol.

Overall, I think he's just a guy with zero coping skills and no idea how to manage negative feelings other than to bring others down with him so that he can feel like there is some fairness in the world.
Ehhhh I don't necessarily agree. I didn't like Trots for the first 15 years I was on here. And even after that, when we were cordial enough to be FB "friends", he only popped up to pick a fight on my statuses or on here to play the "smarter than thou" character. It leads me to believe he truly doesn't know how to function around other people. It has nothing to do with him being "on my side".

But I definitely agree with the last part of what you said.