View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #22
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
i've never been able to smoke indoors here. and the weather is as shitty as it is anywhere else in the country. originally i thought it would help me stop, but instead i ended up standing outside in subzero temperatures and driving snow. whoops. and now it's getting warmer out...and then i go home for summer and other people actually smoke.

i don't know. i haven't decided that i actually want to quit, so i don't see it happening. maybe if i start working out regularly again it can provide some motivation. i'm scared to see how well i can run now.
Yeah that's the problem, you can't quit if you don't REALLY REALLY want to...because it's just so fucking hard that when you try and you aren't really dedicated, you'll find reasons to start back up again.

I think two things forced me over the edge from "Yeeaaaahhh...I'd LIKE to quit...sometime..." to "I don't want to smoke these fucking things anymore ahh!!":

My blood pressure that I mentioned earlier (160/94) and the fact that you can't smoke indoors anymore...and it's winter.

You just have to find your own reasons and you'll know when you're ready. You can't let anyone force you into it, it's just gotta happen. Good luck to you whenever you do decide to do it...it's tough but it's not impossible. I also highly recommend that Chantix stuff.