View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #50
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
internet publishes junk like that because clicks and comments

im sure most if not all jews think this person is retarded and further if that holds true then logically i should be able to separate from whiteness on account of being irish, whic is ultimately england's first stab at colonialist oppression. well the welsh and scots too perhaps.
right, exactly, it makes no sense. The thing is that this was an opinion piece in a national newspaper, it was written by a prominent rabbi, and the person who posted it is a former coworker who I generally think pretty highly of in terms of her social/political views. I just don't get how something like this make sense to people though, and this kind of let's smash white supremacy fervor has a serious hold over not just college kids but over academia and intellectual thought on race in general. Don't get me wrong, I hate white supremacy, and I do think we live in a white supremacist society, and I do believe that cultural co-opting is a real thing used to devalue non-white cultures. But the lengths to which many of these concepts and arguments are taken by "social justice warriors" today makes them totally senseless, and the attitude almost seems to be, "Fuck logic and intellectual questioning, it's time to DO something!" I'm not sure if it is indicative of something bigger or if it just the people I am exposed to, but over the last few years I have definitely perceived socially left america become more irrational and more extreme, and almost building a Fox News-esque echo chamber in their discourse.