View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #88
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
What big hit songs has he had recently? Before his music was inescapable, if anything now he's just coasting on the goodwill that he made with all the knuckleheads in the 00's. Having a number 1 album isn't really a big measure of success compared to his earlier fame. Hell Zeitgeist was number 1 in a lot of countries, are you going to use that in order to rationalize that The Smashing Pumpkins were as famous as ever then?
He's had 8 number one albums in a row, that speaks for itself. I don't know how many hits he has because I don't keep up with rap radio. Who cares. Eat shit, you were wrong and won't admit it. Goodwill doesn't sell 100,000 records 8 times

Quote:
Rap is often about dumb shit. Go and look at the lyrics for the most landmark rap albums. It's all stupid shit. NWA, Snoop Doggy Dogg... 2PAC it's rubbish.
Most music is about stupid shit. Just because the important bits in there aren't things you relate to doesn't mean they are stupid. It might sound funny to you to have a song called FUCK THE POLICE but that's only because you don't live in a community where 1/3 of all men end up in prison at some point in their life. Get some perspective. And don't even pretend like you've listened to enough actual albums of material to have any say in what rap's main themes are.

Quote:
And look, you can say what you will, but what famous white rappers have there been lately? They're all jokes and seen as such by the rap community. You think any real rap fans respect Iggy Azalea and Maclamore? I'm sorry, but they don't.
Yeah but if Macklemore rapped like Rae Sremmurd you'd say he was a poser racist white boy pretending to be black. You can't have it both ways.