View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #232
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I get that, I saw The Birds and Psycho when I was about 7, but the worst was The Exorcist, around 9.
I tried to rewatch The Exorcist several times, but when I finally managed (in college) it scared me shitless all over again.
the only movie to genuinely scare me has been the exorcist. I didn't see horror films as a kid cause i was too much of a wuss and in my teens i had just no interest. Then at abut 20 i figured it might be time to catch up on a few classics in the genre. Exorcist got me genuinely scared for like a week after. Then i was hesitant to see it after but the truth is the idea of it was always a lot worse. I suppose i've seen it about a dozen times now. With the spiderwalk scene most of the times. Which is probably the worst....at least the first time because it's put in such an unexpected spot in the film....

I guess Ju-On scared me when i saw it in the theater too. I don't remember anything else really scaring me otherwise. I've never seen the ring but i saw Ringu.

It's weird how desensitized i've become considering that as a kid and teen i didn't think i was ever gonna be able to watch any horror. Seeing exorcist at 9? Fuck this. I would have been traumatized for life. My horror memories as a kid are just seeing maybe like 3 or 4 scenes of some horror films an they all stuck with me for years. Especially Poltergeist. Which one i saw as an adult i was like...really? this scared me?