View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #820
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Firstly, while reading through this thread, I am glad that people are taking it seriously because it is no joke. As somebody who works in patient care, this shit is absolutely terrifying.

We are running out of everything. Our second, third, and last choices for protective equipment.
At the beginning of every shift, I get my temperature taken and have to fill out a short questionnaire about how I feel physically.
We have to come into work early, in street clothes, and then change into our uniform. We also have to bring a spare uniform AND an overnight bag in case we are exposed and placed in quarantine for two weeks.
We get ten emails a day updating us on what each hospital that we normally transport patients to is doing for these patients, what new procedures to follow, and what new protocols and equipment we are utilizing because we are running out of shit. And if, God forbid, we get one of these emails while on a call and do not check it prior to arriving somewhere are are not following procedure to a T, we get screamed at.
PD does not show up on scenes anymore unless we request them because they do not want to get sick. Then they ask us for extra masks that we do not have to give.
People have stolen masks and other equipment out of our trucks while we are inside helping somebody out. Twice our trucks have been ransacked when we get outside. And that has only been my personal experience, it has happened probably once a day for the last week. It has gotten to the point where we lock our masks up in the same cabinet we keep our narcs (pain medication) in.

I absolutely love my job. I do. And I worked really hard to get here. But holy shit guys, I am working with people that have been in patient care for thirty plus years and are saying that this is worse than anything they have ever seen before. It is hard not to be intimidated by that.