Thread: new interview
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #43
Piggy
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday View Post
Jimmy on the other hand, i feel is much less sensitive on this issue, though thank the Lord that he admits their contributions as well and is singing a different tune than the past. Only good will come of it.
Billy didn't seem like he cared much at all actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega genesis View Post
sigh

all this hoopla about band members is retarded. smashing pumpkins has always been a billy corgan/jimmy chamberlain production (with the exception of adore). how many people can honestly say they put in zeigeist and said "boy, i sure can tell james and darcy weren't in the studio" why? because that's how it usually went: billy and jimmy grinded away in the studio, and it when it came time to tour, james and darcy called to duty and did what they do

this is no different, except its with different people. i'm sure one of the new pumpkins will play a part or two in the studio, but mainly they're there for the live shows (not to mention music videos, photo-ops, ect) and if they want to leave or whatever, then another competent musician will take his or her place.

i think people don't really understand the dynamics of the band.
Even if they didn't end up playing anything in the studio.. i'm sure they contributed something because they weren't scared to tell billy that what hes playing sucks in contrast with the newer members who think that everything that comes forth from his mouth is like the word of god