View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 01:35 AM   #144
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I think MCIS Billy was playing into his teenage thoughts/desires/wants. He was intentionally being juvenile, as he saw it as his last chance to have that kind of grandiose/idealistic/"true self" expression that a teenager would want.

So he was playing a character of his younger self, basically. That's been my understanding for a while. He was in his late 20's but letting his 15-20 year old emotional self take control for the lyrics/themes. I think it was more genuine on SD (especially because songs like Rocket and Silverfuck were already largely written in like 1990 - his early 20s), and he knew it was his last hurrah with that type of material and went all out with it on MCIS.
That's totally cool and if he said something like this that would be totally legit. Songs are written from the perspective of a character or type of person all the time. A huge portion of Led Zeppelin songs sound like they're from the point of view of a character on a great pastoral adventure. Many country songs contain storylines, and the list goes on and on. If Billy had specific things in mind like that then it would be cool to hear about. But for whatever reason he seems like he wants to discredit everyone's perception and memories of the band by saying it was all an act.