View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #73
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
no, you might be sure, but that's not it, I was serious and not trying to provoke you.

for a good year now your dating stories have read like pulling teeth in a laboratory. so you don't need a defense because what I think about what phrasing you choose when you talk about a girl you ask on a date is not your problem.
So, if you didn't think this comment was seriously worth my consideration in relation to the discussion at hand, the purpose for making it was…

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
by using only that data that is available to me, namely your posts about dating stories, I come to the conclusion that you seem to regularly struggle in interacting with girls. and for the why, I draw my gut conclusion that you approach finding a partner or dating partner like a scientific reserach project. "okay this didn't work, let's try this, should I touch her arm or better not, what does the data suggest is more succcessful? she signals she is not into me, and I think that's because x."
So, it's bad that I try to pay serious attention to people's responses and comfort, and modify my behaviour to accommodate that?

I understand that for most neurotypicals who didn't have to suffer delayed social development and who can comfortably navigate social situations, social interaction is mostly going to be intuitive. It's not intuitive for me. I've had to practice it like people practice musical instruments or math. I have to pay close attention to the results of by actions. Maybe one day I'll be normal and therefore deserving of interpersonal connections.