View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #12
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
...by Corgan’s estimation, the reunion tour was the “most lucrative, most rewarding, best received” one in the band’s 30-year history.
Lmao.

Quote:
Iha, in fact, wasn’t the only one whom Corgan had tussled with over the years. The singer and Chamberlin had been through their own share of troubles: Corgan famously fired the drummer in 2009, though Chamberlin has disputed this fact...
“Go ride around around in a white van for the rest of your life.”

Quote:
When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy. He quickly downplays her role in the band’s creative process. “Her role was to contribute to the aesthetic vision,” he says. “She obviously would play when we would play and when we rehearsed and made decisions about songs. So. So let’s call it ‘Phase One’: These are the songs. This is what we’re going to do. After that, most times she wouldn’t even be there because it was just understood she couldn’t play to the level. ...” He pauses, looks down in annoyance, and adds, “Ugh, don’t print that because it will just start the circus all over again.”
“The answer is you deserve your face to be on a t-shirt.”

Quote:
When it became obvious that she wasn’t going to be able to do full shows. … “Just come and participate in a limited role, and if you feel comfortable and we feel comfortable then we can expand that role. So there’s no downside and it’s all upside.” But she took a position that it was all or nothing. The press ran with it as a wrestling angle. I get it, I work in wrestling. But in essence the refutation of the argument, which was put on me, is “Why don’t you just let her back in the door?” No, the real refutation of the argument would be she goes out and starts playing again. Isn’t that easiest way to say, “Look, they made the wrong call.” So she’s given all the benefit of the doubt without having to provide any proof. A well-filtered photo and a couple interviews with third-tier websites does not a touring musician under 2018 rules make. And you saw the show. That’s a three-hour-and-15-minute show. That’s hard for anybody to do, much less 50-year-old people with other concerns.
Lmfaooooo. Wrestling angle. I can’t even with this dude.