View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #42
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Sick guitars man. Looks like you got a nice little jam space too, you any good at those keys?

I like jamming out on my Squire strat too. I think ultimately because it's just so damn easy to play because the necks so small on it and I think the frets are a little smaller than usual.

Theres actually people out there who put new pick-ups in their squire and use em as their main guitars.
I'm not that good at "those keys" no. I guess the most complex thing i can play is like..Mellon collie or something (the song) which is dead simple. I didn't really practice past the first like 4 months, i picked up keys about a year ago. I just wanted to be able to add simple lines to my songs.

Though i do write synthpop type stuff now but recording isn't like playing in a live setting. You don't have to be that good and it's more about textures than playing difficult parts. Also the keyboard in the pic is a piece of shit. Like beginner type stuff. It's part of the gear I inherited it when my grandad died (who had a proper home studio) but if i hadn't had it i wouldn't have picked up playing keys so i'm grateful for it. I have a 61 keys midi controller now. I looked at vintage synths for a while ( i love 80's synthpop and 80's electronic soundtracks like Goblin, Vangelis, that kind of stuff) but the decent ones were out of my budget range and with synth software nowadays you can do all that stuff anyway.

This is the latest instrumental i wrote (not really finished there's a few things that need changing and improving) and the first to be all synth. Even the beat i played on keys though really the "snare" sounds ridiculously thin and i want to change it. It takes a while to get going, ideally there will be voice on it at some point (not by me).

https://soundcloud.com/ichigo-milk-b...-flick/s-qb85P