View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
This sounds pretty awesome even though I don't know anything about half that stuff.I didn't know there was a DOUBLE muff.
The Double Muff is actually not at all what it sounds like it is! It's actually an overdrive pedal. But more specifically, it's meant to replicate the 60s OD sound, in which they'd just use a razor and slash the speaker cone in their amp to get the rough, dirty sound but not completely fuzzy sound. I love it, it has lots of tonal character to it... especially when combined with other things.

For the other stuff, the Whammy and the MicroPOG are both types of pitchshifters; DS-1 is a really basic garagey distortion pedal; Lil Big Muff is a newer model and more compact Big Muff that in my opinion sounds much like the green Slovitek Big muff, which was my favorite; the Total Sonic Annihilation is hard to explain, but it randomly fucks with your signal to yield insane and unpredictable results, but it won't work alone, it needs other pedals to do it; The Small clone is a chorus pedal, what Cobain used on "Come As You Are"; MXR 90 is phaser; BF-3 is a flanger; the Memory Boy is an analog delay, and the DD-7 is a digital delay, both have their own subtle differences; finally the Space Ring Time Destroyer which is en route is like three ring modulators in one, with tremolo and bitcrusher properties.

Last edited by soniclovenoize : 09-22-2014 at 04:23 PM.