View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #1893
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Is there something about it you no longer enjoy or are you just weary of having any sort of addiction?

I ask because I go through this with drinking sometimes. I rarely ever go beyond 3 beers per evening/two evenings a week, but there's still something about it nagging at me, telling me even this very small routine needs to be curbed. But then, life is pain and it's fun to get a buzz going so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe going all in and doing these things to the point that they damage your work and family life is the way to go.
kind of replying late to this, but.

to be completely honest, me personally, i don't feel like there's anything "wrong" or "bad" about drinking to the extent that you're describing. but, i really respect your honest self examination and willingness to change just because deep down you're not feeling comfortable with that slight dependency, as trivial as it may seem to others around you or even yourself.

are you planning on dropping it altogether, or tone it down? do you have any activities or pastimes you plan on engaging in once you're sober and it's beer-o-clock?
either way, whatever feels like the correct path to you at this point, that's the way to go and based on everything i know about you, i'm sure you're going to stay strong doing so. not that you need my encouragement.

i dunno, for me, finding that elusive sweet spot for the frequency you truly feel comfortable and at peace with is fickle, challenging and hard, and several weeks after making that weed post i still can't say i have reached any better resolution about how i can keep using and feel comfortable and "safe" doing so. but i don't know if i'm ready, or even really want to just stop smoking altogether.

i haven't smoked nor drank since making that last post, and don't plan to until i feel like i have a solid set of soberly predetermined standards to stand by. it may sound stupid but i'm scared of falling into its allure again, and enjoy the good things about it again (of which there really are plenty), and find myself out in nowhere mentally again.

sigh. just like run2pee described, it's just hard loving and hating something so much at the same time.