View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 04:07 AM   #95
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

ok here is my theory:

the creature which killed the dude watching the glass box and his girlfriend is the arm's doppelganger. The arm and the one-armed man tell Cooper it is time to leave and he should go now and then the one-armed man shows Cooper where to go. But after Cooper leaves the room, the one-armed man says something is wrong, and the arm says "my doppelganger."

Cooper looks through the curtain in the next room and sees South Dakota with doppelCoop driving by. Then suddenly the marble statue turns into the arm's doppelganger and "attacks" Cooper, eventually proclaiming "non-existent" and sending him falling through the floor and then through what appears to be space. We see Cooper materialize briefly in the glass box while Madeline Zima and her boyfriend are outside the room, but he disappears before they come back. We know from the previous episode that they are killed shortly thereafter by an entity materializing in the glass box. The creature which kills them has female breasts and no genitalia, like the statue in the Black Lodge, which we can now assume was a form of the arm's doppelganger.

The arm's doppelganger had a plan of its own to escape the Black Lodge and did so by fucking up the process by which Cooper was supposed to exit. Cooper was diverted from the box where someone was ostensibly waiting for him (maybe Philip Jefferys owns the building? who knows). Instead, the arm's doppelganger came in Cooper's place, and Cooper took this roundabout fucked up path back to Earth which resulted in his amnesia.