View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #214
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Whatever the merits of vacation posts and baby pictures on FB, I think that we can all agree that seeing people post this shit just makes you want to close your browser, shut your laptop, throw it out the window, and then take a brisk walk into the ocean.

I saw this, the mum of the guy I stayed with in Indianapolis is very a very conservative and devout Catholic, and she posted it. It throws me when Christians have this attitude so I replied saying:

Quote:
As a Christian though, and accepting the gift of salvation that I did not work for, I feel I am called to work without any expectation or desire for further reward. And also that because all worldly wealth belongs first to God, we are called to share it among all His children, regardless of who 'deserves' it more...?
But I have just realised that she took me into her home as a complete stanger, fed me, let me wash my clothes, drove me around, took me to the zoo, and told me I was welcome and could stay as long as I wanted.

So now I feel like a shitstain for saying anything. She is a really wonderful lady and the truth is she would help anyone who asked for it.