View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #86
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

The Thing is not just great horror, it's great period no matter the genre. I dare say it's better than Alien. Too bad it isn't as popular.

I wish someone good would have done the prequel because i always thought it had potential as an idea. Of course though....one of the problem you have with a prequel is...we already know what is gonna happen and what the alien is (well...not really i guess but...) and what it can do...

I saw this movie in the early 90s on late night tv by accident and had never heard of it then and didn't know anything at all about the plot, didn't even get the title becuse i was just seconds too late to catch it. It was a remarkable experience to have. Just that opening with the chopper and the dog...sometimes i think that's how we should all experience some films. No context, no vague idea what its about or even the genre and perhaps even...no title.