View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 11:58 PM   #43
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

So it was great. Friend picked me up and we went to an awesome vegan restaurant. On the way we passed a large women on a bus bench wearing a dress with no underwear and her cooch sticking out. Ughhhhhh

So the show was good, Billy sounded really good (except the dropped consonants but he seamed to do that less as the show went on). Pretty much the best I've ever heard his voice, in tune, confident, strong. Jeff didn't noodle unnecessarily and his parts were good and tasteful. The crowd was mostly good and liked the new songs. The Spaniards or whatever it's called even got a standing ovation. Was a sing along during 1979. He was in a good mood. But people were constantly breaking concert etiquitte and getting up/coming back during songs and I was a little pissed off.

Highlights: World's Fair, Sorrows (In Blue), Saturnine, Malibu, Rocket, Whir

Whir was great because a lot of the other songs were stripped down to acoustic but Whir was actually brought up a notch in volume/soloing/drumming so it was really cool.

The bassist and other lady are great singers and very good with Corgan.

The background scenery was on point. I only had seen the first one and didn't realize there were like 5 of em. The show had a good flow, like acoustic -> electric/acoustic -> electronic -> acoustic -> electric

I basically knew the setlist but hadn't looked at it since the first few shows so there were some I forgot about

The friend I went with said top 3 concerts and now she wants to get deep into the band. Since they played like 8 SD songs I told her to start with that.

I think this was my third best SP show. 2007 > 1996 > 2016 > 1998 > 2008