View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 04:02 AM   #124
Ram27
dumb

Hey hey

I have a very annoying situation if anyone has any advice.

So I'm a CS major, and there's this one class I need to take, CS251, that I was enrolled in this semester but I dropped it because a) I couldn't stand the professor and b) I couldn't stand the material. At the time I was thinking about changing majors, but now I've decided to stay in CS (because the other CS course I was taking this semester was amazing and made me realize why I chose this major in the first place etc etc).

So now I have to take this fucking course in order to move on with my degree. Thing is, not only is it full for this semester, but it's directly conflicting with the most amazing class ever (that I took this semester and can repeat for credit). It's a film class where we sign up to broadcast our school's sports games. Coolest fucking thing I've ever done, can't tell you enough how much I love this class.

So there's a time conflict, and I'm required to get permission from both professors to take both. We only do stuff in class for this film class a couple days of the semester, and that professor gave me permission to skip most days. But now I need permission from the CS professor [a different guy than before BTW]. I've emailed him (on Friday afternoon) and he hasn't responded, 3 days later. And I have no idea who this guy is, I've never met or heard of him. So it was already kind of awkward emailing, and if I have to email again or go ask in person it's really gonna suck.

I would be super pissed if I had to miss out on this film class anyway, let alone for a course I already hate. I genuinely don't think I could sit in lectures about data structures knowing I could be doing something I really love instead.

So I have to pray this CS professor responds (or email him again and bug him more). If I can get him to respond, if he says yes all is well*. If not I'm fucked: I can just take the film class and not the CS class, which would delay my graduation but tbh feels worth it. I can take the CS class and not the film class which would really suck.

*well I still have to fuck around even trying to get in the course cause it's full right now. It's awkward needing two overrides for one course
______

There are like 8 things going on in this scenario that are all really irritating and confusing. Sorry if I explained poorly