View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 02:29 AM   #357
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i think it's interesting to point out Matt Cameron appears to be a bit salty about the shitty treatment he got from bill in the Adore days.
Did anything else happen apart from this?
>>>

"Matt Cameron did seven songs, as mentioned, but appeared on only one for the finished record, "For Martha"."

---

"Matt Cameron was used on a number of different tracks but appears on only one on the finished record, ‘For Martha’. According to James Iha, another song Cameron initially played on, ‘Pug’, started life as “a minor key blues death march” before Corgan programmed a drum machine and employed a number of synths."

---

"Also on Adore, you worked with Matt Cameron a little bit, what are your memories of working with Matt?

BC: Excellent drummer. We got along fine, beyond that I don’t know. He’s not an easy person to get to know, as a lot of people are, which is a quality that I’ve grown to appreciate in people as I’ve gotten older. At the time, I was probably a little bit more like an excited puppy, because I was a fan, and I was excited that he was playing on the record. I do remember particularly, we tracked “For Martha” live, the whole band. James, D’arcy, and Matt were in the other room, and I was in a sort of isolated room playing the piano live. I do have very good memories of that, because it’s like a 7 minute song, a really difficult song to get the right emotion to, and it took a lot of focus on his part to get such a great take.