View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #161
meangreensp
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
I still don't get people who think Oceania is better than Zeitgeist.

Zeitgeist is miles ahead of Oceania. Jimmy's drumming, better guitar work and guitar tone (Oceania has the worst guitar sound BC has ever used), better songs overall. The main problem with Zeitgeist is that the vocals are far too loud. I never thought BC would release a coaster, but that's what Oceania is.
Zeitgeist miles ahead of Oceania? Hahaha, Zeitgeist is one of the worst albums ever made, in my opinion. The drums are good but are mixed terribly and seem disconnected from the songs. The guitar work sounds terrible and so many of the songs just sound cheap and tacked together. So many songs on Z are inexcusable, like Pomp and Circumstance or For God and Country. The flow is inexcusable. The production is terrible. Corgan's vocals are inexcusably terrible...the jackals lick their balls...Billy choir...terrible lyrics...too loud...horrendous production...terrible artwork...terrible marketing...

Just about NOTHING from the Z era except Tarantula and Stellar was good.

The fact that people are stupid enough to think Z is better is proof that nostalgia just makes everything seem better.