View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #1340
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
oh please. could you guys get real for a second.

with BOOK PUBLISHING I mean exactly that. and not someone who runs an online blog fiddling around with it. copy editing for print and book structure, let alone ghost writing, entails a tiny bit more than what Buttcannon does. And D'arcy has exactly zero reason - if she would do this - to go the amateur route.
Or how many printed books have you worked on, Buttcannon. zero? well yes that is what I mean.
I've written many in-depth pieces and conducted many in-depth interviews on Alternative Nation over the years. The clickbait stuff is the day to day because the longform stuff simply takes too much time for me to be doing on a regular basis. I'm running a business.

This is an example of a piece that I'm really proud of that I ghostwrote after Scott Weiland's death. Corey (Scott's best friend and first bandmate) actually brought up the idea of a book about Scott and STP at the time after we did the 4-hour interview to put this together. I wasn't into the idea because I knew that getting the STP guys and certain people involved with Scott's later life on the same page with his family would not have happened especially so soon after his death, and that's the only way I would have done a book about somebody who is no longer with us, for literally everybody to be on board to get the most complete story about Scott and STP.

https://www.alternativenation.net/sc...retrospective/

Also, I don't even necessarily want to do a D'arcy book, and it's not something I'd bring up to her or ask her. I'm only saying in some hypothetical situation where she brought it up to me and asked me to help, it is something I'd think about, that doesn't even mean I'd do it, but out of respect to her I'd think about it. She might be better off going with a veteran ghostwriter. You're acting like I'm campaigning for it when all I did was respond to fuzzy asking me what I'd think about a D'arcy book.

Also I appreciate D'arcy's comment she posted about me. It's a welcome break from the attacks from Chris Cornell murder conspiracy theorists in the comments.