Old 02-14-2018, 06:12 AM   #238
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Can anyone explain this?

"...I said I'm not wanted in the studio."

"I was really upset that I couldn't come out to LA to work w/you guys"

I think it makes sense because it's all smoke and mirrors with Bill. He will keep her half-informed so she can't claim she didn't know about it or wasn't welcome, but at the same time he will be very meticulous about the timing and way he gives her that information in order to manufacture the outcome he wants with plausible deniability. If you've ever been in an ongoing abusive situation, you read her interview and you know straight away that she's telling nothing but the truth.

This is why this is so refreshing and vindicating. Honestly, I don't hate Billy - I think he's a very damaged person who has only known abuse in life, both as a victim in his childhood and as a perpetrator. He is not monster, he's not evil incarnate, and I have no desire to see him in pain in a act of useless revenge. And at no point did I feel that D'arcy was being vengeful here, that she had allowed the abuse he inflicted on her to turn her into an ugly person who revels in the destruction of others. Despite of all the heavy shit she talks about, the interview is strangely uplifting because it sets things straight; it exposes all the double talk he hides behind to hurt people, so he's rendered powerless to do so again.