View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #78
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

The advantage of one big torrent is that it's easy for anyone who wants it all. Or easy for anyone that wants just some. When I want an album from a band, I often download the torrent for their discography and just select the folder(s) that i want. But the nice thing is it doesn't have to be either or. We can also have torrent files for the individual releases, as long as you keep the directory structure as is.

That way, people can search for an individual release and find it. Or download the Smashing Pumpkins Demos Megatorrent.

But yeah, things like those extra tracks on the Ignoffo tape; I wouldn't want to download the whole disc just to get a track. That, or the extras on FaEoMM, PI+friends, etc that make me want to have a collection of one-offs that don't belong, or even better a collection of all the tracks from WPC Sr. home studios. But really, why is it more appropriate for a track like "I Fall" to be included as a bonus on the Ignoffo tape instead of a bonus on Nothing Ever Changes? I'm not saying everything needs to be upended, but is there not room to do a little housekeeping to put some minor stuff in order?

But I guess that's another project...

And now that I've started looking, what do we have of this session: http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=2 ?