View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #10
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Hi, nu-metal kid from way back here.

I loved Static-X from the moment I first heard Bled For Days on the Bride of Chucky soundtrack. I spun Wisconsin Death Trip so much that I'm pretty sure the disc doesn't work anymore. I found all of the follow-ups to be lacking in comparison, but still followed them to the bitter end. To this day, WDT is one of the few nu (or nu adjacent) albums I still spin unironically on occasion, along with Snot's Get Some and Sevendust's self-titled.

Like you, I hated to see how it all ended. I saw the band proper on what I believe was their last US tour. I honestly thought I had spotted some comraderie between Wayne and Tony, but I guess I was wrong. Sure enough, Tera was on stage shaking her tits the whole time, but it was still a really fun set. I have no interest in this revived version of the band. The band died with Wayne. If the three dudes got a new singer and a new name, I'd be 100% supportive, but this feels shitty and cheap.

ANYWAY I've moved onto much cooler music like Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World

yeah, wisconsin death trip was amazing. the first time i ever saw them was at this radio festival in massachusetts, i think it was 1999. other bass were like.. filter, powerman5000, etc. static x were on real early, like 11 am, not many people there, and they slaughtered, it was so awesome. had never heard of them before but fell in love w them there.

agree with you, the band died with wayne. it does not feel authentic or sincere for tony to grab the name and saw “oh we want to honor our friend” and then try to build up hype for a tour with out a singer yet, under the static x name.

i also agree with you that if those 3 guys wanted to grab a new singer, do their own thing under a new name, and even occasionally play some static x songs, i would not begrudge them that one bit. but this is not that.

i also wonder when this music was written / recorded. my guess is that it is probably some abandoned stuff from before wayne went his own way. so they’re digging through old stuff / scraps, scrambling trying to find other singers to help complete it. ugh.

i will listen to that otsego song though and i will probably like it a lot. haha.