View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 01:04 AM   #56
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
So on thursday night Corgan I guess....saw my shirt definitely; no way he didn't.
Man, this you making a shirt thing is pure 24k gold. I love it. This is the kind of reason why I come back to this site after nearly 20 years of faithful attendance.

Got any photos of this thing?

And the lack of setlist variation is indeed a drag. On the last tour with all of the videos, visuals, 3 hour sets, arenas... I get it. That made more sense. As he told D'Arcy, that wasn't a little rinky dink thing.

But this one? Smaller venues. Shorter setlist. Why not mix it up night to night? These guys wrote these damn songs. They should be able to flip them around and pull out a winner. I'm going to the last night of the tour up in San Francisco and I'm purposely avoiding setlists because I want there to be SOME degree of surprise. Sadly, I think that thru WPC's Instagram, I've already had the real "surprise" song spoiled. Prove me wrong, but if they're only playing 90 minute sets (with no encore...?) once you blow through all of the hits that we all just heard on the last tour, there's just not a lot of real estate left.

It's just funny - because not to compare, but to compare - bands like Pearl Jam do wholly different sets night after night after night. It just comes across as a mix of lazy or narcissistic (we can't be seen making a mistake anywhere in the YouTube age... I can hear an Instagram reply now) to me.

What I think isn't an insane concept - why not do ONE unique song each night of the tour? Open with something different or close with something different each and every night so that gives each date a little something special. With an insanely huge catalog, that would be really damn fun to track on here and share videos of, etc. "Whoa! Can you believe they pulled out Slunk last night?!" type stuff.