View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #92
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

it was only 12 minutes on the actual show? It's like 23 on the website, plus George screws up at the end lol.

I was fairly impressed overall. As always, Billy (and Jimmy) has coherent, topical things to say about other people, but is vague in the extreme when it comes to his own band.

It was pretty Woodstock when he was talking about "we are who we ARE, so it's, like, the band is who we are, so it's, like, we CAN'T leave the band, because, like, man, it's just what we do!" Typical artistic bullshit.

But I liked when he was talking about how, even when they "got it right" during SD/MCIS era, they didn't learn the right lessons from that.

And it was interesting when he said they can't just write 2 or 3 amazing songs, they have to write 10 songs, and 2 or 3 of them will be great (or something to that extent).

I thought Billy was almost getting choked up when he was talking about the record companies....it's like he was talking about his grandfather being in Dachau or something. I thought he was going to have tears of rage in his eyes, real talk.