View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #7
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
A Looking in View is really awesome. I also really like All Secrets Known and Hollow.

Speaking of grunge bands with new lead singers... what's everyone's thoughts on the current version of STP? I seriously didn't want to give Jeff Gutt a chance when I saw them live, but the dude has some pipes. I downloaded their new album and I really dig it.
New album is very middle of the road, I was excited when it came out because the DeLeos hadn't put out a full length album in 8 years, but it's just okay, some nice stuff on there though. Jeff's a good singer though, the middling quality of the album is more on the DeLeos' lack of interesting riffs.

Jeff seems to be a good singer live. I doubt I'll see them though, I saw them with Scott so many times and then even with Chester, and while Jeff seems good, I just don't have an interest in seeing them live anymore especially after Scott and Chester's deaths, it's just too sad for me. The Dean DeLeo abuse allegations also don't help.

I thought The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here sucked, a few okay songs (Phantom Limb was probably one of the best). New album is decent on first listen or two, nothing great, I'll keep spinning it though. Nothing on the last two albums compares to Black Gives Way to Blue imo. That was a great comeback album that revived their career and legitimized DuVall as part of AIC.