View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 01:26 PM   #101
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
This board kinda reminds me of that phase little girls go through when they start hating Barbie dolls as a way to show that they are no longer into stupid baby toys and are smart big kids instead.

Like, first everyone goes through the phase where they idolize their favourite rock star and impose an idealized personality on him. Then, they start seeing that he has flaws, but they are in some form of denial about it, so they become apologists and minimize his actions and say shit like "oh, creative people always have a screw loose, that's what makes them so unique and creative in the first place. He's rough around the edges, but that's just him and insanity is genius, blah blah blah."

Then, when they get consistently disappointed by their idol and can't escape the mounting evidence that he really kinda sucks as a person, in order to demonstrate that they are past the juvenile idealizing phase and are no longer naïve enough to think that the sun shines out of some dumb rock star's ass, they shift into having a hyperbolic vitriol for the guy and start saying shit like "he's probably a Nazi who doesn't even have human emotions and I think he's the true murderer of JonBenét Ramsey (did we ever solve that one? I forget. If so, pick a different funny example)."
Omg this is exactly how i quit playing with dolls, in my life

Are u been watching me thru my windows all this time? If so let me know so i can show u just how much i hate all my Barbie dolls tonite