View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #163
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreensp View Post
Zeitgeist miles ahead of Oceania? Hahaha, Zeitgeist is one of the worst albums ever made, in my opinion. The drums are good but are mixed terribly and seem disconnected from the songs. The guitar work sounds terrible and so many of the songs just sound cheap and tacked together. So many songs on Z are inexcusable, like Pomp and Circumstance or For God and Country. The flow is inexcusable. The production is terrible. Corgan's vocals are inexcusably terrible...the jackals lick their balls...Billy choir...terrible lyrics...too loud...horrendous production...terrible artwork...terrible marketing...

Just about NOTHING from the Z era except Tarantula and Stellar was good.

The fact that people are stupid enough to think Z is better is proof that nostalgia just makes everything seem better.
You sure are one self-righteous little twat.

The guitar work on Zeitgeist is quite good so I don't know what you're on about there. Yes, the mixing isn't the greatest but I already fucking said that.

No good songs on Zeitgeist and worst album of all time? Yeah right, you're off your rocker man.

Doomsday Clock (killer fucking riff), Bleeding the Orchid (great atmosphere), That's The Way My Love Is (beautiful song all around), Tarantula (dumb rock song but killer guitar solo), United States (repetitive but Jimmy's drums are awesome), Bring the Light (amazing guitar solo with the Queen-esque guitar symphony), Come On Let's Go (sounds like Zwan, catchy riff)

And Pomp and Circumstance is a beautiful song. Sounds like a lost Adore track almost.

How can anyone be stupid enough to like it? There's nothing stupid about recognizing a good song when you hear one. I wonder the opposite about fucks like you on netphoria with sand in your vag...how could you hate that album so much?

Oceania is a MUCH weaker album. The guitar tone is awful throughout the whole album. The synths are terribly cheesy. Clunky drumming from Byrne. And BC's vocals are weak throughout the whole album.