View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #66
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Ahhhh...here we go >>>

Quote:
A few weeks ago, Corgan took a shot at Soundgarden, returning fire at the grunge legends and their reunion. “There are those bands that are essentially coming back only to make money … I was a fan of Soundgarden, but call it for what it is. They’re just out there to have one more round at the till.”

Today, (Aug. 31) Corgan appeared on the Area 93.3 radio channel and wen’t further in depth about his feud with Cornell and Soundgarden. “Well there’s a little bit of a backstory there,” begins Corgan. “Chris Cornell was somebody I considered a friend, and would never have said a harsh word about. When the band came back in 2007, he was quoted in an interview saying basically he didn’t consider our reunion to be, in quotations, to be ‘legitimate.’ I kind of have an elephant’s memory when it comes to somebody punching me in the face.”

He continues, “Cornell’s one of those people who is extremely talented, I was a fan from literally their 2nd EP, met him in 1991 and still believe in what was great about the band. But when we’re sitting there having conversations about who is doing what, I am no longer going to shield somebody, if they want to punch me in the face I’m happy to punch them back in the face. Respect the man’s talent, People gloss over the Timbaland album, [Laughs] you know what I mean? My point is look, I don’t have any specific bone to pick, even though I just made a specific case for one. My point is don’t lump us in with people who are sort of just doing the reunion lap. Now, of course fans are lighting up my Twitter saying do you realize Soundgarden is doing a new album, well if they are great, that’s what they should be doing. Great musicians they should make new music and hopefully they’ll make great albums because we need artists to make great albums and great music in this day and age of the robots and the posers and the faux hawks bands.”

Corgan concludes, “Does it make sense; do I sound like a fan? Because I am a fan. I want all of my generation to raise the bar, and I don’t appreciate when somebody from my generation, who I once considered a friend, decides to piss on my little spot in the corner for whatever reason at the same time he’s making the Timbaland album, you know what I mean? That’s where it gets kind of dicey for me, so that’s sort of the real back story of where that came from.”
Source:
http://loudwire.com/billy-corgan-cla...-war-of-words/