View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
Boner

Well the East is pretty much a given. You can just about put it on the board that Detroit Basketball and the Dwayne Wade Show will meet in the Finals and the series will go a minimum of 6 games but probably 7. IF the Mourning injury is season-ending, the Heat could be in trouble though, as he has been a surprisingly valuable player to their team this year. If Mourning does not return, If Miami, slips I expect the Nets to knock them out in the 2nd round. They are the only other team with a shot of making it to the Eastern Conference Finals because the 4-seed Cavs will draw Detroit Basketball in the 2nd round meaning an early exit.

On the other hand, the Western Conference is way more wide open then people think. I'm an MFFL and hope to hell the Mavs somehow win the Conference, but I really think that the Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Nuggets or even the Clippers could get on a run and win the West. Everyone is gonna be all over the Spurs' cocks come playoff time cuz they play "half-court playoff basketball" and because they've "been their before." Well, if Amare comes back healthy, Kurt Thomas returns and Tim Thomas continues to excel in the system, look out Spurs cuz you just may get niggerized by Phoenix. If the Mavs get healthy and Dirk shows up for the playoffs this year, they pose a threat to the Spurs as well though I think they need home court advantage to do it. And the real sleepers are Denver and the Clippers in the even that they have healthy Camby/Martin/Mello/RPatterson and Maggette/Cassell/Brand/Kaman/Mobley respectively. The problem is that health has been a serious issue for the Thuggets and Clippers.

I really do not think the Spurs will come out of the West.