View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 09:45 PM   #54
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Been playing those Arkham games. I'm on Origins now.

I'm a completionist, so I didn't want to play Origins until I 100%ed City, but I just couldn't. Those "campaigns" are bullshit (let's package together three challenges you already did and call it a new game mode!), and even though I only have one more balloon to pop in the Harley Quinn DLC, I can't be arsed to play the whole thing again and suffer through Tara Strong's grating Harley interpretation (bring back Sorkin!) just to get one damn collectable.

Origins is fun, and I honestly don't care that it just feels like a City expansion pack, because why wouldn't I want to play a few more hours of Arkham City? But the combat is buggy. Those assholes with the baseball bats can somehow hit you from the other side of the room. And I understand that they wanted to go with a film noir chiaroscuro look for the art direction, but you can't see shit because everthjng is so dark. They don't bother color-coding to distinguish enemy types, so I keep on ending up punching some armoured henchman in the face and losing my streak. Failure of visual game design.