View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Default Dear Fruit of the Loom,

I’m writing to express my appreciation for the quality and warmth I’ve enjoyed from a single blue pair of thermal underwear bottoms that I’ve worn for (almost) every day of the past five and a half months.

As a *********** in the *********** region of ********, I have experienced many a chilly night this winter. Residences here are constructed primarily of cinder blocks with no insulation or heating systems and, despite the cold, often feature gaping holes in ceilings left open to the elements. I slept wearing layers of clothing and often awoke to temperatures in the low thirties in my bedroom.

On laundry days when I must go without, it becomes apparent how much I value my one pair of long johns-- that the luxury of a little extra warmth is so important when the majority of one’s creature comforts have been left behind across an ocean.

Though perhaps not so fresh, I’m amazed that after such extended use they haven’t become ragged or disintegrated. In fact, they are still going strong. Luckily, warmer days are more prevalent as spring eases its way into the mountain air, but you can bet I’ll be employing a pair next winter.

With great appreciation,

PS- I know that with such letters, an accompanying picture is often enjoyed. In this case, I think I’ll spare you.