View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #235
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
there's so many people with a string of degrees behind their names that are absolutely fucking illogical and plain stupid

i also learned more about history in the last couple years just from curiosity's sake & crusader kings 2/europa universalis 4 than i did in all of college and considering i didn't flunk out and i have a degree well that just says everything about this society and the people who are running it
seriously anyone can get a college degree, well anyone with an IQ above about 90. they can't get all A's and they might have to strategically take professors who don't give a shit in a major that isn't applied but they can do it without much difficulty besides the wallet.

you conversely can learn a shit ton (which I've done) if you care about learning but you get the same piece of paper. well mine will say Honors on it, big whoop. and you can also self teach yourself and know way more than anyone and not have anything

in a world where there are no more gatekeepers of knowledge, things need to change. i end up taking the same professors over and over because they are a wealth of experience that you can't find on wikipedia. most professors are not like this and at least in my field at my college the ones who are are in their 50s and 60s and are clinical practitioners who also teach because they like to teach not because they have tenure