View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #10817
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Am I the only one that finds going to a BDSM thing with someone as a first date or as just friends like... not normal? No offense, Disco Phreak
It was our third hangout thing together. The first two were unambiguously dates. This one, I dunno

Some folks were telling me "dude, if she's going to this thing with you, it's not really unclear what the nature of the meeting is," but I dunno. This woman is pretty liberal and open. This is the one who very candidly spoke about sex on our first date, she just kinda took the conversation there. She's very comfortable with herself, and not in the least bit timid. I can see her being the sort who would have zero problem talking about sex with somebody she only considered a friend. I mean, she's mentioned in the past getting naked with her friends at parties, and when the topic came to the sex trade, she said that a friend once offered her money for sex, and that she may have done it if offered more money. I was also mentioning how, while I'm down for checking out these workshops, I'd never go to the "play parties" held in the scene. She seemed less reticent about the idea of going to one herself.

It felt more like a "friend" thing to me than a date, so I didn't make any advances. I dunno, at lunch, her ride joined us partway through. He didn't eat, but three people at a table doesn't really sound like a date. He was a nice bloke, and it wouldn't have made sense for him to wait in the car when he could just sit with us, so it's not like I was bothered by this.

Also, the workshop was fully clothed, so it wasn't raunchy or anything. Pretty comfortable and mild. Even the one I went to alone, where some people were in their in underwear (sports bras and briefs, mostly, rather than anything more revealing) didn't feel too overwhelming, the only reason I was so nervous at that one is that I didn't have a partner and felt really weird just silently watching others, so I went home after about 15 minutes without saying a word. I only knew one person there, and she came with a friend, so I didn't want to cramp her style by hovering around her all night.