View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #39
House of Bread
FKA Siamese33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post
I stream on my phone with headphones mostly, but also at home (i'm more likely to listen to Podcasts at home than when i'm in transit).

I like to listen to whole albums but I don't always feel inclined to. My process is usually that i'll scope something online, listen to at least half the album if there's a stream up before i decide wether to add it to the library or not. Then I make a point of listening to the whole thing in one go at least once no matter what it is, unless it's really not doing it for me. After that if i go back to a record a lot i usually find that i'll work out what my fav songs are and kinda mentally compile a playlist of what to skip to and then i just tailor it based on how much time i have for listening. If i'm doing something for a couple hours i'll just cue up a handful of albums, try and set a mood, and just let them run on shuffle.

I use Apple music, partly cause it's unmetered streaming on my phone plan and also cause i actually prefer it to Spotify; there's no cap on library size, it already has my old music collection indexed (mostly), and the recommendations playlist is really diverse and i've found a whole lot of good stuff from it. I know apple are fucked but yeah. I also try to spend $20-$50 a month (where i can) buying stuff off Bandcamp, even if i've got it in my streaming library, cause it's like, i know that $5-10/album will almost all go to the artist and add up to way more than all my streams combined.
Are you me? This is to a T, everything I do.

Except I don't run albums on shuffle.