View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #50
Ram27
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
I don't understand why everyone is so pissed at Billy and SP for taking legal action against leakers within their own organization. Obviously, as a fan, I love hearing all these unreleased outtakes, but what is the band supposed to do? They're a business.
It's just another grievance in a long list of grievances against the band. It's a microcosm of how badly managed everything is these days within SP camp, and how Billy treats the fans.

What are the fans supposed to do when the Corgan scolds them for enjoying music, as he so often does? What's particularly insulting is the line "the Smashing Pumpkins (and yes, the original 4 are unified on such issues)". Many of us deeply, badly want the band to actually be reunited, for artistic, pure musical reasons. But then those words are followed by "will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law".

It's just such a dick move overall, the note. It's written as though we're expected to have any sympathy for the man that has fucked us over many, many times over the past years.

Sure, they can take legal action, that's their right. But don't talk to us like we should disavow the person who's actually making us happy by actually releasing things we want to hear.