View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #181
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i'm seeing them on sunday

and i really kinda don't care about them at all is that bad? i honestly wish i could have gone to the saturday show but my friend wanted to do the oldies sunday one. i mean seriously... saturday has killers, the 1975, judah and the lion, silversun pickups. i do like switchfoot but i mean just look at the difference...

Bad? Nah. The thing about Jimmy Eat World (for me) is that I found them at the exactly perfect entry point: at age 17 with their biggest album. I'm lucky and grateful that they are a band that has "grown up" alongside me, so I know it's definitely not nostalgia. Even still, I have a hard time imagining a full grown adult* listening to Bleed American or Clarity for the first time and getting the "feels" like I did/do when I hear that music.

ANYWAY maybe you'll see the show and come away liking a song or two. They put on a high energy and fun show, so I doubt you'll be too terribly bored even if you don't recognize the material. Do come back and let us know how it was.

*I believe Eulogy is the exception to my rule, so as always, take what I say with a grain of salt