View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #207
Disco King
Minion of Satan

The upcoming Spider-Man game looks really great. Too bad it's a PS4 exclusive and I won't be able to play it (I'm guessing Sony, who owns the movie license to the title, strong-armed Marvel/Disney into making the game exclusive to their platform as part of their movie license deal... that's just wild speculation, though). It looks like taking and refining the awesome swinging from Spider-Man 2, mixing it with Sunset Overdrive's parkour traversal, and throwing in Batman: Arkham-style combat and stealth, but with more flashy Spider-moves and environmental interaction (one gameplay video showed Spider-Man tossing some fools around, and then using his webbing to pull some scaffolding into them as they tried to advance on him). It looks like it may even edge out the Arkham games, but we'll see. Well, not me, I won't see. People with PS4s will see.

It seems like there's not a lot in the way of Spider-Man for Xbox anymore. None of the old games are compatible with the One. The only games on the One are the tie-ins for the Andrew Garfield movies, and those aren't even offered in the Xbox store anymore, so you'd have to buy a physical copy.

I thought I might download some of the older Spider-Man games (I never played any after Ultimate Spider-Man) for PC, but Steam doesn't offer them, either. And physical copies are super expensive on Amazon ($130 for Web of Shadows... why?).

I decided to just illegally download Web of Shadows, but it just wouldn't work and would give me an error dialog box any time I tried to start it up (and Googling around, it looks like this is a common problem for people). The gods don't want me playing Spider-Man, I guess.