View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #185
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Since I've never been much of a gamer and have mostly stuck to licensed games about superheroes I like or The Simpsons or something (or game series I really latched onto as a kid, like SSX), I've been thinking of branching out and playing more popular games.

L.A. Noire looks interesting to me. Looks like it actually involves detective work and interrogation. Also, it looks like you can drive properly in it.

Mirror's Edge is another one I've had my eye on. I love the parkour elements of Sunset Overdrive, and the environments in Mirror's Edge look pretty.

I really dig the rhythmic combat of the Batman: Arkham games, that focus on timing and recognizing context instead of giving you a bunch of button combinations that you will only ever memorize one or two of and get by sticking to. Since I don't know a lot about video-game combat, I've been thinking of checking out other sorts of combat systems that are highly praised, like Bayonetta. I feel like I don't have the right to bestow the honour of "best combat" on the Batman games if I've played so few games with different combat myself.

And then there's games that I always hear the names of, but know nothing about, like:

Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid
Dead Space
Borderlands
Witcher

Honestly, all I know about these titles is that I hear them a lot. I couldn't tell you one from the other. But they must be fun.

Going out to buy some Cheetos and Mountain Dew to aid my journey of becoming a true gamer.