View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #24
SPumpkinsUK
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Hey Marie/Celestials,
I'm not sure if I fully understand what's been going on since I don't pay much attention to twitter:
You're dropping bystarlight.org because of Billy's ongoing support of Monte/crestfallen?
And SPumpkinsUK will stop his video uploads, too? Who else is leaving - Lucky 13,spfc.org, sp freaks?

Wouldn't it be more effective to get Nicole to convince the band to find another way of communicating their news?
Well, i'm finishing off the Machina footage. I might toy with the idea of some Auf der Maur and some more James solo stuff afterwards, once my strike lifts I'll finish off the full length '98-'00 shows. Toying with the idea of the Zeitgeist era footage, depends on my mood, I'm only uploading as far as my interest takes me.

The reasons behind a lot of this go very deep and have been a very major issue for a long time now. I've supported Marie and bystarlight.org for many months now, she's a very unique person and fan and the more we spoke the more we connected. She drove me forward with projects more than anyone I've known in the decade beforehand. She has and always will have my support, it's hard to really express in words, she has my deepest respect! The SP Freaks team too are also an amazing team, I'm proud of their work and what they're trying to accomplish. Two sites who are do what they do because they're passionate about doing it and it shows in abundance!

Well, that's the upside of a couple of major sites in the SP World. Even Netphoria has a long established history, sometimes I feel like this community doesn't get enough credit! The amount of material that has surfaced and circulated through here hardly gets recognised and is inhabited by people who have been around a very long time and are extremely knowledgeable.

But the down side is a little more complex, something is very broken and has been for a long time and it's really down to one major flaw. I've never been involved in the bands affairs officially and I never will be, but I've been privy to things over the last 6 years from people who are. It's a shame really! But still, I have nothing to lose over speaking out.

I feel like I've said a whole bunch of nothing. But over recent events, one in particular just made me agog, that's kinda when I knew when things were never going to change and will always remain broken. I hope the band realise the weak link, I don't think they realise how much damage is being caused rather than being a positive influence.

Lastly, a quote:

"But I want to make clear that I also firmly believe in the freedom of speech and everyone's right to their own opinion, so long as it doesn't infringe upon the basic human rights of another."

Kinda thought Proposition 8 was infringing on the rights of same sex couples to marry like a man and woman are legally allowed too...