View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 01:42 AM   #406
ButterflyBullet
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
Just found an old CD-R last night that came in a trade circa 99-2001, and I'm pretty sure it has the original Sequence IV source on it. I pulled up the spectrums in Audacity and they're most definitely not as processed and have a good dry mix.. Only issues I might have is ripping this disc as it is very scratched but I'll try a few different drives and do my best!

Btw- CAIC, thanks for the torrent links and such, but unfortunately that experiment has seemingly proven unsuccessful. Nobody is going to commit to seeding this material 24/7, it's just not practical. I agree that we should get all these best sources with no missing tracks all in one place.

I haven't noticed anyone else offer this yet, but I've got 2 rackmounted servers that replicate off each other and would be a perfect place to keep all this stuff in one place. I'm happy to give admin access to the right people, but so far I've already organized most everything I have in a file system by year that contain the sub-folders like, albums, boots, live shows, etc etc.. By the end of this month I'll even have a backup ISP service with load balancing on my firewall, and regular backups running. If anyone wants to help with this please PM me, I have about 90% at least of what used to be on the hub, but I'm sure there's some little things I don't, plus Zwan shows that have fallen out of circulation..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
Also, to clear any confusion- I'm not trying to host a server full of everything that's already available on the LMA..I want a central location for full albums, EP, promo, singles, ALL OF IT. No missing tracks, no copyright BS.. I'd also like to see all the good vinyl rips by "pblethal" and "starseed", as well as all the good fan made compilations, anniversary shows, everything.

Not trying to be a control freak over this stuff either so please offer up any suggestions you might have.
This would be amazing. Would it cost you money to do this for everyone? I'd more be more than happy to donate a little when I can (works kind of died down this time of year so until March i'm low on funds)