View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 07:04 PM   #76
Alice
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Oh that is awesome; finally I have a term to attack people with when they say chomping at the bit instead of champing or floundering instead of foundering

Even though those terms have completely overwhelmed the original idioms and are now accepted usage, I will persevere
Personally, I think it would be who of you to adjust your bedside manor or you might wind up balling after some wreckless individual gets caught up in the throws of passion and decides to enact revenge in the form of a few bear-knuckled blows and a string of explicatives. I besiege you to reconsider your weighs. No one likes a knit-picker. This kind of pettiness is truly beyond the pail and I have to say it really gets my dandruff up. Why be boggled down in technicalities when, for all intensive purposes, the meaning is clear anyway? There really are an exuberant amount of words and phrases. Far be it for me to judge another person for their mistakes. I'm sure your English isn't beyond approach either. I understand these kinds of things can be bothersome but these days kindness is in shore supply. I have a lazy fair attitude about these things and do my best to just grim and bear it.