View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 04:47 AM   #64
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Salt Lake City, Utah - Illegal and brutally violent m

Quote:
Originally posted by Future Boy

Because it's still an animal, regardless of how rigorous or excellent its training may be. Especially when it's trained to be physically aggressive. Saying police dogs are so well trained they're infallible is pretty crazy.
I never said they're infallible, but based on what I know about the subject I'd feel comfortable in saying that the instances of police dogs that act in a less than professional matter are probably pretty few and far between. I'm sure it happens, but I think that any claims as such have to be taken with at least a grain of salt.

Quote:
As far as dictating how many cops it should take to bring someone down, that's missing the point. Like you said, on it's face it seems excessive, and the cops would have to prove it was justified.
I'm not for giving officers carte blanche to rough up people as they please, but I also don't think they should have to have the fear of lawsuits in the back of their mind during dangerous situations. We don't want situations where cops hesitate or forgo necessary protective measures for fear that they won't be able to justify those measures to an outsider's view later on.