View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #147
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
How do you like this so far? A friend gave it to me for Christmas but I haven't started it yet. I don't really know anything about it and have an feeling of general skepticism toward it

overall, quite good. not sure if you're already familiar with the author but he's maintained a blog for many years on the topic of habits and systems.

his writing is super clear and organized, plus well researched and thought out, so it's very easy to get through because he makes it pretty effortless to read. and the ideas are useful and practical.

but like any sort of book where the premise is 'here's a set of information you can use to improve your own life,' how useful it is depends on the person reading it. if you're reading it because you want to, and because you're already motivated to do some things differently, it's an excellent tool. if you're reading it just because some other people said it's good and you're not that motivated to do anything differently, than it doesn't matter how good it might be.

and like all nonfiction, it could benefit from being more brief. i'd say this book is far leaner and more efficient than most nonfiction generally, so this dynamic isn't bad here, but all the same.. it could lose at least 10% and be slightly better for it