View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #51
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella View Post
I was a search engine evaluator! Through Lionbridge! I started back in September 2015 and resigned from the program this past March. I dabbled with Mturk until I got the position at Lionbridge. It was a really great wah gig... I really wish I could’ve stayed on but I just couldn’t continue to meet the hours. They said they would bring me back on next year if I contact them.
My job is with Appen but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. I can work 15-26 hours for that per week, and I supplement with mTurk and some other stuff. Sometimes I'm able to do them together (on separate computers). Which they probably wouldn't like but I get good reviews and they don't pay enough and they tell you not to finish early so :shrug:

Honestly I'm getting some good qualified work on mTurk now, most of the time I'm just doing the minimum 15 at Appen. You can't count on mTurk the way you can with a "real job" like Appen and those 26 hours come in handy on slow weeks (like 4th of July week I maxed out). I do some other stuff also, if you ever want any tips let me know. mTurk has a high barrier to entry but some other stuff like usertesting.com is pretty low. But I mean it sounds like you're OK where you are, but if you ever want to set up anything that doesn't require the kind of investment of time in learning that mTurk does, there are other things for sure.

Last edited by reprise85 : 07-21-2019 at 08:52 PM.